Email lists

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Email lists

dianed143@comcast.net
I think Adam mentioned other lists last week, one of the Mac L lists? I used to be on a few but I think I think I fell off some with email changes.

Any suggestions for general hardware and software questions, which I think may be beyond the scope of this list?

Thanks
Diane


____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email lists

Al Varnell
Not sure what led you to that conclusion. There have certainly been a ton of such discussions here in the past.

Sent from my iPad

-Al-

> On Apr 13, 2018, at 7:10 PM, Diane <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Any suggestions for general hardware and software questions, which I think may be beyond the scope of this list?
>
> Thanks
> Diane



____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email lists

dianed143@comcast.net
I know, and I do it often. But when I read it, I feared I was doing the wrong thing and am willing to move more general questions to another list.

i.e. I have a question about buying a used Cinema Display but am not sure it should go here?

Diane

> On Apr 13, 2018, at 10:49 PM, Al Varnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not sure what led you to that conclusion. There have certainly been a ton of such discussions here in the past.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> -Al-
>
>> On Apr 13, 2018, at 7:10 PM, Diane <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Any suggestions for general hardware and software questions, which I think may be beyond the scope of this list?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Diane
>




____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email lists

dianed143@comcast.net
In reply to this post by Al Varnell
Ah, and I finally found the post I was thinking of. It was from Randy, and mentioned that Tidbits is more about the latest news and info. I don’t always have “new stuff” questions.

Diane


> On Apr 13, 2018, at 10:49 PM, Al Varnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not sure what led you to that conclusion. There have certainly been a ton of such discussions here in the past.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> -Al-
>
>> On Apr 13, 2018, at 7:10 PM, Diane <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Any suggestions for general hardware and software questions, which I think may be beyond the scope of this list?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Diane



____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email lists

adamengst
Administrator
In reply to this post by dianed143@comcast.net
Any suggestions for general hardware and software questions, which I think may be beyond the scope of this list?

No, such discussions are fine, as long as they’re in the general world of Apple technology. Asking for blender recommendations, or troubleshooting help with your car, not so much. :-)

And the same is true of TidBITS Talk on Discourse — it’s just different software for the same discussions. Please start posting there so there’s some time to get used to it before I shut down Mailman.


cheers... -Adam





____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email lists

dianed143@comcast.net


On Apr 14, 2018, at 7:41 AM, Adam Engst <[hidden email]> wrote:

Any suggestions for general hardware and software questions, which I think may be beyond the scope of this list?

No, such discussions are fine, as long as they’re in the general world of Apple technology. Asking for blender recommendations, or troubleshooting help with your car, not so much. :-)

And the same is true of TidBITS Talk on Discourse — it’s just different software for the same discussions. Please start posting there so there’s some time to get used to it before I shut down Mailman.


cheers... -Adam



Thanks Adam - sorry I thought I had the correct email. I’ll figure out the new stuff this weekend  :)

Diane




____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://sparky.tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____